Tools for putting up with tools. I don’t take credit for these ideas but they have served me well. I hope these will be of help to you. Cheers!
1) Questions and statements directed toward you are really about the other person. It’s amazing what you can learn about another person by the questions they ask.
2) People collapse what happened with their interpretation = their reality. (My father said something hateful to me when I was six therefore he doesn’t love me. Maybe he was just having a bad day. )
3) Know your outcome going into a situation. This puts you in control.
4) You can be pitiful or powerful. It’s juicy being the victim but it repels others. Don’t do it!
5) Anger and bitterness are like swallowing poison and wishing the other person would die. We have to forgive others for our own self-preservation. (Forgiving and putting up with habitual abusers are two different things.)
Affirmation: I’m a strong and powerful human being. I don’t give my power away to anyone!